It’s been nearly two years since the release of the Canon EOS C200/C200B, and this camera is still an impressive beast. If you hesitate about getting one, there is now an instant rebate of $1000 at B&H.
The Canon EOS C200 – and the gimbal version the C200B – is a great all-arounder camera. It features many functions that make it a very suitable camera for various type of productions and projects, may it be documentaries, music videos, corporate films, and weddings. French director and award winner Abdellatif Kechiche even used it for his latest feature film “Mektoub, my love: Canto.” Being able to record 8-bit compressed footage and 12-bit RAW footage within one camera makes it cover different kinds of productions.
Here is a quick list of the most exciting features of the Canon EOS C200:
- Super 35mm CMOS sensor supporting resolutions up to C4K (4096 x 2160) at 50 frames per second, as well as UHD (3840 x 2160), and Full HD (1920 x 1080) at up to 120 fps.
- You can shoot in Canon Cinema RAW Light internally (onto a CFast 2.0 card) for maximum flexibility in post-production. For fast turnaround projects, you can also choose to shoot in MP4 4:2:0 8-bit onto SD cards via the two SD card slots. Don’t judge a book by its cover; the MP4 files still hold up pretty well
- Available in EF or PL mount.
- Incredible Dual Pixel Autofocus with Face-AF.
- Built-in 2/4/6/8/10 stops ND-Filters.
- The dynamic range is excellent at around 13 stops, and it supports Wide DR Gamma, Canon Log, and Canon Log 3.
- Two XLR audio inputs with +48V phantom power are built directly into the C200 body. Also, there is a 3.5mm jack input.
- The C200 comes with a built-in adjustable EVF, a 4″ LCD touchscreen, and a top handle. The C200B doesn’t come with a screen nor the viewfinder at the back of the camera.
After the Panasonic EVA1 price drop at the beginning of this year, it looks like Canon is following the trend. Our partner B&H just announced a $1000 rebate on various C200/C200B models and offers:
These offers make the Canon EOS C200 a more affordable camera capable of doing high-quality images.
Update: for all our European readers, the price drop is effective at our partner CVP and a kit with the Canon 24-105 F/4L is also available.
What do you think of this price cut on the C200/C200B? Do you consider buying one? Let us know in the comments!